Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Benefits of Natural Products

Do you believe that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? When it comes to skin care.

I use to shop for convenience, but now I shop for safety. I know that you want a product that is quick and fast. But do you know your benefits and bath & beauty products? Or you have heard about it from the media or word of mouth? Have you every asked yourself, what your products do for your skin? What is the benefit of using this soap, lotion, mask, acne treatment?

I use to purchase because it was recommended now I purchase because I know the benefits. And I know my products because I create them myself.

Recently, the harmful nature of synthetic beauty products has become common place in the news. The number of products being used by consumers all over the world is overwhelming, it is no wonder that competition among grooming product producers has grown immensely. This competition is partially responsible for the increasingly harmful nature of these products.

Here's a little advice I want to share, know your skin type so that you can buy skin care products best suited for you. Ex: people with dry skin should avoid astringents and any product with alcohol because they easily strip away moisture from the skin. People with oily skin do not need the heavy oils found in some moisturizers and should use moisturizers specially designed for oily skin. People with sensitive skin should purchase products designed for sensitive skin as they tend to be less abrasive, containing gentler ingredients. Did you know that one?

Did you know that Petroleum-based cosmetics and skin care products are found to contain cancer-causing chemical 1,4-dioxane? What is that? 1,4-Dioxane is a clear, colorless heterocyclic organic compound which is a liquid at room temperature and pressure. Huh! Here's the skinny. In my terms. I am not a chemist, so I had to do some digging. 1,4-Dioxane is classified as an ETHER.

1,4-Dioxane is in a wide variety of cosmetic products on the market, including most all brands of hair relaxers and more than half of the baby soaps on the market.

I know what your thinking, everything that we use today causes some forms of cancers. That is true, but when I was growing up my mother and her mother before her had no other choices on the market. They had to use what was available to them to wash, do hair & moisturize skin. Half the time, they cooked with the same products used for hair and skin care.

Today, we have every available choice. We have the information available at our fingertips. We have the right to choose products that are not synthetic based; and we have the choice to choose Organic based bath & beauty products. These are products that are made with natural ingredients.

Remember that our skin is the body's largest organ, and accounts for most of the body's absorption of everyday toxins. These toxins include the products we rub on our skin daily. Wouldn't you rather rub products that you know what the benefits are or would you rather continue to be in the dark?

I would rather know.

Thanks

www.naturalproductsbytmb.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like someone has done their research on top os having natural talent!!! You Better Go GIRL!!! I'm so proud of you...You know you have my support! ~Diveka

Marc Marseille said...

Look's great Tina...I wish you the best of luck. Just keep coming up with great content like you are and you will flourish.

Marc