Monday, October 20, 2008

My Beauty Buzz


I am not a chemist or have I taken a chemistry class since my high school days. Many of my clients are amazed that my experience is learned from knowing what works well on my skin.

I customize all my products for my clients. It's important to set yourself apart from the norm. My skin is not like your skin and your skin is not like the lady or man next to you. It's important to determine what your client's needs are. I dislike going to the store and purchasing a product that the manufacturer says will work for me. How do they know my skin problems? I have never discussed my problem areas. Make-up does that shade work well for me or did the maker just decide that it will.

I am very passionate about my relationship with my mother, so when she asked about a product for her dry skin; of course I couldn't deny her. (although, I hadn't a clue) I love researching what ingredients work well with what. I believe that is key to providing the proper skin care regime.

I suffer from adult acne. And of course, I want my skin to look healthy. I don't know about you but I have tried numerous products on the market without success. I figured since I was able to create a product for my mother why not create something for myself. After researching, I found out that the products that I was using contained ingredients that caused my skin to become irritated, burned, crusting, itching and many times produced rashes.
For me, there is nothing more important than ones face. The world views you by your appearance.

I believe that it important to know what ingredients we use on our skin. I also believe that if you cannot pronounce the ingredients than you shouldn't use it. I am a creature of habit, I love my products, I don't venture into the world of the unknown any longer. What I use on my skin, I understand and what I make for my clients is the absolute best.

I find it interesting that manufacturers don't label their products like:

Mineral Oil - by products of gasoline
Talc Powder - derived in powder form and is hazardous to the health
Propylene Glycol - Is the most common moisture-carrying vehicle but can destroy the natural functioning of the skin and is derived from petroleum products.
Formaldehyde - Can be found in nail polish and hardeners, soap, cosmetics and hair growing products. It is toxic when inhaled, a severe irritant, and a suspected carcinogen that is linked to cancer.

Hmmmm. And I asked myself, why have I decided to go Natural?

www.naturalproductsbytmb.com

1 comment:

MandyLou said...

It is really scary what they put in products these days, I have gotten to a point where I am afraid to use anything because I am so allergic to the products that are available at stores. It's fantastic that you are aware of the harmful ingredients and that you avoid using them in your products. It's great to know that you are researching and making the best products for your customers, family, friends, and yourself! Go Tina!