Monday, June 10, 2013

Naturally Me! Active Charcoal


Naturally Me!
 
This weekend I was in the creative mood.  I mean full blown out creative inspiration.

I am always thinking of products to create.  I have an order for my black onyx facial cleanser and while I was on the Black Onyx path, I decided to make my Pomegranate and Grapefruit Black Onyx bath bar.  I use it for my face and let me say love it! I also made a Lemon Drop bath bar.  If you love citrus, this is your citrusy fix.  I call it energizing.  When I make the facial cleanser, I will post it. 

Remember me saying that I have a problem with adult acne? I get a lot of questions on how I deal with it and what products do you use?  It is actually a combination of two things, one is the type of cleanser you choose and the other is changing some foods in your diet.  I believe that we are so sensitive to most things and how we can tell is with breakouts.  Our skin never will steer us in the wrong direction. ( I am not a dermatologist, just my own opinion)

Let me say that when I first heard of activated charcoal it sounded like some kind of an experiment and not something that I would display in my makeup cabinet. This compound, however, is the new must have and is making its way in all sorts of skin-care products. This products usefulness is forging its way into solving acne, and helping to kill bad odors. 

What exactly is Active Charcoal?

Activated charcoal is used in water filters, medicines that selectively remove toxins, and chemical purification processes. Activated charcoal is carbon that has been treated with oxygen. Activated charcoal has high adsorptive powers, which means that it draws other elements into itself. This process causes the carbon to form enlarged "pores," which are fissures and pockets in its surface. When it is exposed to contaminants, they literally become trapped in the carbon's pores. Charcoal also has antibacterial properties that can help heal wounds. Activated carbon is used for everything from industrial water filtration to medicinal supplements.
Because of these wonderful properties, I use it in my facial & body wash care products.


 



Visit our website for my bath bars.
http://www.naturalproductsbytmb.com

No comments: