Thursday, June 6, 2013

Naturally Me! Deodorant & Parabens


Naturally Me!

 I was thinking last night, while completing some orders for a few of my very loyal customers that today’s topic of discussion would be natural deodorants and parabens.  I have received a lot of questions about natural deodorants and if they work and if my products are Paraben-Free?

Let me answer both of these questions, yes and yes.

Personally speaking, I have been using my own deodorants since the inception of Natural Products By TMB.  I do not use anything else. Why should I?  There is so much junk on the market today that you really want to find some that you can trust.  Why should I make a dermatologist wealthier?

Let’s face it, Breast cancer has been on the rise for over half a century. Only 5-10% of breast cancer is genetic, leaving up to 90% from the environment and lifestyle.  Studies indicate that deodorants and antiperspirants play a major role in the increase of breast cancer cases. It is important that we understand that the products we use contain ingredients that are harmful to our overall health and wellbeing.

So many products today contain parabens.  Parabens are used as preservatives in many thousands of cosmetic, food and pharmaceutical products to which we are exposed. Parabens are permitted as preservatives in food up to 0.1%. In cosmetics, parabens are permitted in concentrations of up to 1%. In my research, a 1995 survey of 215 cosmetic products found that parabens were used in 99% of leave-on products and in 77% of rinse-off cosmetics. Parabens are absorbed through the skin and can then be stored in the body.  Can we think of how much junk we have stored in our bodies from using products and eating foods that have harmful ingredients in them? 

My husband grows a lot of herbs that I use in my products.  I love the fresh mint that I use for my foot balms, the rosemary and parsley that I use in my gluten-free dog treats. I enjoy that I am giving my customers fresh ingredients no matter if they are human or four-legged.

Many will say it’s ok?  If the FDA says it’s ok, why worry?  Look around at the loved ones that we have lost to environment and lifestyle choices.  We have to start small.  I am tired of losing my women to breast cancer and the age ranges are continually getting younger and younger.

These are a list of parabens that you should be looking for on the back of your cosmetic and food labels:

Methylparaben (E218)
- Ethylparaben (E214)
- Propylparaben (E216)
- Butylparaben
- Benzyl-parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Methyl-parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Ethyl-parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Propyl-parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Butyl-parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Parahydroxybenzoic acid
- Parahydroxybenzoate

How many of these parabens are in your products?  Just food for thought!

I love my natural deodorants; it takes a lot of time and patience to create something that will actually work.  Before I started making deodorants, I took the time to research the deodorants on the market and read a lot of reviews.  People either love natural deodorants or hate them.  Most don’t understand or feel that they just don’t work. 

As you get to know me you will remember that I live in Florida and it’s HOT.  So for me, this place is the ultimate test of staying dry. I have not had one stinky day yet.  Plus, I have done the ultimate test.  THE GYM!!!  PASSED!!!

I will also be honest with you and say that if you haven’t had the opportunity to try a natural deodorant, you will have to be patient.  Your body will have to adjust to the removal of aluminum and other ingredients that are in your regular deodorant. I tell people to give yourself at least a few weeks to adjust to the change so that your body’s PH Balance can adjust to a new way of life.  In making deodorants, the most important ingredient for me is Clay.  Clay is an amazing natural resource for body in removing impurities. French Green Clay is by far one of the most majestic, most effective, and most commonly used mineral skin clays found throughout our global community. It contains only natural material treated mechanically, without any chemical additives. They are rich in magnesium and trace elements, as well as organic plant matter which alongside iron oxide determine its soft green color. It also detoxifies, restore mineral balance and act as an absorbent.  French Green Clay is a 100% natural bio-organic material and contains a cornucopia of valuable elements, with several important mineral oxides, magnesium, calcium, potassium, dolomite, silica, manganese, phosphorous, silicon, copper, and selenium.

It’s amazing in deodorants, facial cleansers and body powders.  It’s paraben free. Yay!!

Keep in mind; this may not be for everyone but it is always great way to start the natural process.

We have an exclusive line of deodorants in solid, Roll-on & Spritz:

Herbal, Baby Powder, Orange Zest, Coconut Lime, Lime Cilantro, Lemon Zest, Green Tea & Cucumber, Lavender, Oatmeal Milk & Honey and Vegan Deodorant.

If you have been thinking of trying a natural deodorant, give yourself the opportunity to experience something totally different.  Give us a try!

 Solid & Roll-On Dedorants
www.naturalproductsbytmb.com
Like us on Facebook

No comments: